Train-the-Trainer & Advanced Educator Programs
Sultry science. Proven tools. Trainings that people talk about and refer to long after the session is over.
For over 10 years LifeLabs has helped L&D teams, professors, and facilitators around the world take their
courses from good to great.
In 2002 we evaluated 564 educators to find out what makes a learning module engaging, memorable, and
significant to adult learners. Learners used a tracking system to mark when their interest levels went up or
down, or they got confused or lost in thoughts. Learning retention was tested 3 weeks later.
Pretty soon we could see trends in what makes an educator and his/her training design shift from ordinary to
extraordinary. Based on these results, we created an advanced training program for educators in both
corporate and non-profit worlds. We've been providing train-the-trainer learning labs every since.
||The Next Level: Extraordinary Design Skills
Designing good courses is easy. But designing GREAT courses is also easy. In this course
your team's design skills will be powered up to the next level in a series of fun, rapid
module-creation exercises. They leave a new set of advanced design tools in their toolbox,
taking courses and trainings to new levels.
- Learn from best practice examples, group feedback, and insightful deepening exercises
- Practice the Window Pane Method- a technique for rapid, high-impact course design
- Leave with a template to rapidly create great courses of any length
||Training without powerpoint
In this lab you practice innovative design tools for inspiring, capturing attention, and
embedding learning without the use of powerpoint presentations. You will learn how to use
memory props, kinesthetic anchors, room filing, and more.
||Experiential learning: Turning courses into experiences
- Designing Collaborative Learning - Practice Lab
- Designing Experiential Learning - Practice Lab
||Building your inventory: Openers, Energizers, Connectors, and Closers
The building blocks of a great training event (small or large) depend on your inventory of
openers, connectors, closers, and energizers. In this 2 hour session we'll build your
inventory and skillset in all 4 areas.
||Sticky Lab: How to design for retention and on-the-job transfer
- Small shifts to your training design can lead to big boosts in retention scores.
- Review about research on Brain-efficient learning and retention indexes
- Tools for increasing on-the-job transfer during the session and tools for post-session
- Development of Job Aids using our Transfer Point Analysis™ Method
- We will review one of your current modules to optimize it for post-session transfer
||Outstanding delivery skills
In this lab your delivery skills get recorded, assessed and optimized via systematic feedback
- Purposeful movement, eye contact, gesture, inflection, pause
- Storytelling skills/ metaphor/ analogy skills
- Flipcharting, pacing, and documenting skills
||Power Questions Lab
Focusing, Forwarding, and Building Consensus
- The art of asking powerful questions- probes, deepeners, playbacks
- Modify questions to ask them in a second way
- Examine the structure to asking questions as a facilitator
- Master the skill of answering questions- even difficult ones
- Learn and practice the techniques for focusing a group
- Determine strategies to use questions to move a group forward
- Practice the 5 tools for building consensus
Handling difficult participants/ Sticky situations
- Advanced Flipcharting/ chart writing
- Graphic Facilitation & Visual thinking
- Discover how to move a group forward through effective questioning
Fundamentals of Facilitation
- Identify facilitative ways to manage difficult participants
- List ways to minimize difficult behaviors before, during and after a session
- Relate 6 tips for minimizing 6 challenging behaviors
- Discuss the underlying issues that often cause difficult behaviors
- Find out your natural facilitation strengths/ weaknesses via innovative practice rounds
- Learn the 8 core facilitation skills
|ADVANCED TRAINING SKILLS
Using Movement as a training tool
When you add movement to your training, you amplify and embed the learning so that the
learner carries the key messages with them long after the session has ended..
In this lab you practice simple ways to get people out of their seats and physically involved in
their own knowledge creation. You will learn how to use the training room itself as an
Our auditory minds are stronger than we realize. Our ears continually capture and store
auditory information. Throughout most of human history information was transmitted from
generation to generation orally. Knowledge that was told with emotional and auditory
richness imprints itself into our memory.
In this lab you practice auditory techniques that make information irresistable to the learner.
Includes speaker techniques of pacing and the power of pause. Includes participant
techniques of talk-alouds, story generation, and playbacks.
||.More coming here....
(c) LifeLabs Group, Inc- Email: Info@LifeLabsNewYork.com- Phone: 917 319 4354
Get a quote and full course listing
or calling 917 319 4354
Our Clients - Education sector
New York University
University of Vienna, Austria
University College London
And many more...
Our Clients - Corporate sector
And many more...
- Trainer development
- Course optimization
- Curriculum consulting
- Mentorship pilot programs
L&D Labs - Advanced educator practice sessions
Build your own development days out of our curriculum of our labs below. Labs are typically 2 hours in length.
Staff Development Days:
Want to give your educators insightful development opportunities? Fine-tune
your staff's mentoring and facilitation skills? Send an email to receive our full
catalog of low-cost, high impact classes.