In this workshop, you will learn how to easily and quickly create presentations that grab attention, get people talking, and move listeners to action. You’ll discover and apply small changes to your presentations, workshops, and info sessions that make the biggest impact on your audience. You will leave this workshop with a template you can use to make your life easier for all presentations going forward.
Pre-work: Bring an idea for a presentation you would like to give (or a presentation you have given in the past but would like to optimize). During the workshop, you will apply everything you are learning to this presentation, leaving you with a visibly-improved version.
During this lab you will:
- Learn research on attention, retention, and drivers of change
- Create a (1) gist statement/ through line, (2) information scaffold, (3) benefit statement, (4) contrast point, and (5) call to action
- Understand message simplification and optimization of flow
- Apply additional attention tools, including (1) visual metaphors, (2) story, (3) transition points, and (4) smart Q&A
- Discuss how to make presentation design a craft, collect feedback, and continue optimizing skills
After this lab, you will know how to:
- Create a ready-to-go presentation
- Quickly create compelling presentations in the future using an information grid
- Help colleagues optimize their presentations