Knowing how to give feedback that is specific, actionable, and inspiring is the hallmark of a great leader. In this lab, you’ll learn the science of feedback and practice giving effective feedback, even in tough situations.
Pre-work: Decide on a piece of feedback you want to give someone at work. No need to perfect what you plan to say (we’ll do this in the workshop) – just come ready to work on this feedback scenario.
During this lab, you will:
- Learn a four-step process for giving feedback in any situation
- Craft a real-world feedback script and receive feedback on your feedback
After this lab, you will know how to:
- Convert poor quality feedback into high quality feedback
- Apply the LifeLabs Playing Cards Method to give specific and actionable feedback
- Reduce defensiveness in feedback recipients
- Ask for feedback effectively
- Create a team culture where giving and receiving feedback is normal and expected