In this workshop, you’ll learn how to share what you’re thinking in a way that helps other people act on your message. You’ll also learn how to ask for feedback (so you get a lot more of it) and handle feedback you don’t agree with. You’ll leave more confident in your ability to say things well, even when the message is difficult, taking your communication and leadership skills to a whole new level.
Pre-work: Decide on a piece of feedback you want to give someone in the future. No need to perfect what you plan to say (we’ll do this in the workshop) – just come ready to work on a real feedback scenario.
During this lab you will:
- Learn the neuroscience behind receiving difficult feedback
- Understand how to give clear, helpful feedback
- Learn how to ask for feedback effectively
- Learn how to receive feedback well (even if it hurts to hear)
- Craft a real feedback script and get feedback on your feedback
After this lab, you will know how to:
- Reduce your defensiveness to critical feedback
- Give critical and positive feedback that is brain-friendly and actionable
- Ask for feedback in a way that gets you useful answers