Harness the power of inquiry skills to earn influence, improve collaboration, and build relationships.
Can you tell when someone has a question but is hesitating to ask it? Can you spot when someone’s emotions don’t match their words? In this workshop, you will get trained in a unique skill: the detection of facial micro-expressions, tiny flashes that reveal what someone is truly feeling. You’ll learn how to become a better people reader and how to decide when it is necessary to pause, talk more, pivot, or ask questions. This is the same training provided to members of the police department and special investigations units.
During this workshop, you will:
- Learn the how to see micro-expressions, including mixed expressions that occur when someone has conflicting emotions
- Learn the underlying need behind each emotion and how to address it
- Take a pretest and post-year to measure current micro-expression reading ability. Learn which expressions you tend to misread or over-read
- Learn how others view your facial expression patterns and which signals need amplification
After this workshop, you will:
- Be able to name and recognize the 7 universal facial expressions, their triggers, and their key signals
- Become more observant in everyday social interactions
- Feel confident in your ability to create better conversations, increase rapport, and decrease tension