How do you get people to hear your perspective and support your ideas, even if you have no formal authority? The heart of getting people to listen is having influence skills.
Research reveals that one of the most valuable (but least known) abilities you need to communicate and influence effectively is inquiry skills: using the right question at the right moment. Yep. Influence has a lot more to do with what you ask than what you say. In this lab, you’ll deepen your inquiry skills so that you word questions in ways that quickly earn influence, resolve problems, and motivate people to take action.
During this lab you will:
- Understand how you want to influence others
- Discover research about the role questions play in influence skill
- Practice 6 key questions that instantly improve communication and earn you short-term and long-term influence
After this lab, you will know how to:
- Shift into a growth mindset by activating curiosity
- Pivot perspective to better understand your stakeholders
- Create clarity in any conversation
- Create action by helping identify next steps