When things move fast, it’s easy to get stuck in a short-term mindset. To scale and collaborate well, you and your team need to think and execute strategically. In this workshop, you’ll sharpen your long-term thinking skills and practice tools for identifying objectives, diagnosing obstacles, identifying unintended consequences, and involving the right stakeholders.
Pre-work: Come to this workshop ready to talk about a project you are working on this year.
During this workshop, you will:
- Learn the definition and benefits of strategic thinking
- Apply strategic thinking tools and frameworks to a real project you are working on now and get feedback from other participants.
- Tools include:
- End Gaming
- Situation Assessment
- 3 Lenses Model
- Tradeoff Awareness
- Inclusive Planning
- Identify situations in which you are at risk of thinking reactively rather than proactively
After this workshop, you will know how to:
- Pause regularly and ask questions that focus on long-term impact vs. short term demand, org-wide systems vs. individual perspectives
- Set up a strategic plan
- Communicate ideas more strategically and inclusively